AWEA is a state-wide affiliate organization of the Water Environment Federation (WEF). To become a member, you must join the Water Environment Federation (WEF) and choose Alabama as your member association.
AWEA members include environmental professionals, municipal system operators, industrial operators, environmental engineers, state regulators, and other individuals in environmental occupations.
Members of AWEA receive many benefits, including:
- networking opportunities with top industry experts
- technical information, including up-to-date regulatory information and the latest developments in the water quality industry
- professional development through seminars, conferences, workshops, and briefings
- committee involvement providing opportunities to meet and network with others in your field in Alabama
- additional benefits through membership in the Water Environment Federation