Job Title: Environmental Services Director – Alabaster
JOB SUMMARY: Located 17 miles south of Birmingham, Alabaster is one of the largest and fastest growing cities in Alabama. The Environmental Services Director is responsible for the oversight of two operational units: Environmental Collections and the Wastewater Treatment Plant. The Department maintains approximately 162 miles of sewer lines, 56 pump stations, a bio-diesel program, and a plant with a capacity of treating 7.6 million gallons of wastewater per day.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field with five years’ wastewater experience including supervisory experience required. Certification as a Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred. Must possess and maintain a valid State driver’s license.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Competitive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid leave, participation in the State of Alabama Retirement System, and participation in Alabaster City Schools for out-of-zone employees. The City pays 70% of the cost of Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance premiums (dental is included at no additional charge).
TO APPLY: Must apply online at https://al-alabaster.civicplushrms.com/CareerPortal.
The City of Alabaster is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Alabama Drug-Free Workplace
Job Title: Water Reclamation Facility Operator IV – Jefferson County
Jefferson County Commission in Birmingham, Alabama is now hiring qualified Water Reclamation Operators. We offer a competitive salary range with excellent benefits and professional development opportunities.
Our Environmental Services Department operates Alabama’s largest wastewater treatment plants, treating 105 million gallons of sewage daily, and maintains 3,100 miles of sewer lines and 170 pump stations servicing approximately 480,000 residents.
Requirements: Valid Driver’s License and Grade IV Wastewater Certification from the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM).
To Apply: Visit, www.jobsquest.org
Questions? Call (205) 325-1404 or email email@example.com.
Job Title: Utility Manager – Pell City, AL
This is a responsible supervisory position utilizing assigned personnel to budget, plan, implement, and maintain the potable water distribution system and the wastewater collection/disposal system for the city. This work can be complex and involves significant accountability and decision-making responsibilities. Incumbent works under general supervision of the City Manager.
- Supervise assigned personnel to include job assignment, safety supervision, inspection of work performed, and vehicle/equipment use and maintenance.
- Perform assigned personnel evaluations.
- Implement new construction techniques and procedures in an ever changing water distribution and wastewater collection/disposal industry.
- Plan, direct, and control natural disaster emergency response operations as determined by written policies, laws, codes, and regulations.
- Plan, develop, implement, and maintain departmental budget.
- Consult with the City Manager concerning plans and policies of potable water supply and wastewater collection/disposal operations.
- Administer departmental activities and develop internal policies and controls.
- Coordinate emergency operations with other department heads and assisting agencies.
- Develop and/or implement new jobs, projects, or functions.
- Professionally interact with and monitor contractors as required.
- Maintain effective working relationships with sources of water supply, ADEM, EPA, and other regulatory agencies to ensure a reliable, competitive, and sanitary water supply for the city, and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Maintain effective working relationships with ADEM, EPA, and other regulatory agencies to ensure an environmentally sound and legal wastewater disposal system for the city, and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Perform routine labor and work nonstandard hours as required.
- Present and maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Good organization and filing procedures.
- Communicate with Revenue Department on regular basis regarding water usage trends and water loss.
- Coordinate monthly disconnect activities with Revenue Supervisor.
- Perform all other job related tasks and duties as assigned by the City Manager.
- Ability to effectively represent the city in the role of Utility Department Manager responsible for all potable water distribution and wastewater collection/disposal.
Job Title: Water Operator II – Pell City, AL
This position entails the knowledge of water treatment, distribution of water, proper repairs and regulations of state and federal agencies. Incumbent works under the general supervision of the Utility Supervisor.
- Participates in the operations of quality water treatment
- Performs quality control of the city’s drinking water
- Adherence to safe working practices and procedures
- Assess the operation of the city’s wells
- Perform calculations of chemical feeds for water treatment
- Check and maintain equipment
- Calibrate rotometers and turbidimeters
- Perform repairs to water mains, services, meter installations, suppression tanks and air reliefs
- Perform any checks or evaluations issued by the Revenue Department
- Maintain records of meters and registers
- Communicate effectively with revenue, billing clerks concerning installations and leaks
- Collects samples (Bac T, copper, lead and others)
- Performs other related duties
Job Title: Operator Intern – Pell City, AL
Intern learns the operations of a conventional wastewater treatment plant. Intern works only when an experienced Operator is present. The Intern assists in various tasks, which include cleaning and maintaining facilities; monitoring controls, gauges, valves, meters; and assisting in the laboratory. Incumbent works under the supervision of the Wastewater Chief Operator.
- Assist in the operations of the wastewater treatment plant on an assigned shift.
- Assist in performing quality control and process control functions.
- Ensure adherence to safe working practices and procedures.
- Assist in performing precise laboratory tests and record the results.
- Assist in compiling, maintaining, and updating plant operations logs and reports.
- Assist in performing and recording mathematical calculations related to plant operations.
- Check and maintain all equipment.
- Perform routine plant cleaning and maintenance.
- Paint buildings and equipment.
- Assist in calibrating chemical feed equipment and laboratory equipment.
- Answer emergency calls.
- Operate mowers and power equipment.
- Perform other job related duties and special projects as required.
Job Title: Director of Projects, Water Services – Barge Design Solutions
Why join us?
Barge Design Solutions is an engineering and architecture services firm consistently ranked in the top 500 engineering firms in the United States. We have been in business for over 60 years and offer a range of architecture and engineering services to diverse market sectors which include industrial, municipal, commercial, and government clients.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company’s core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate – Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic – Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible – We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence – We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service – We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
What We’re Looking For
Barge is currently seeking to fill the position of Director of Projects in our Water Services Business Unit. This is a leadership role and is critical to the strategic objectives of the Business Unit. This position reports directly to the Business Unit Director and is the authority for all project management elements for the unit. The role has responsibility to set objectives & procedures for the group with respect to project management. Time is spent providing overall guidance to the Project Management group within a unit and working on significant, multi- site, complex design projects. This role assists the BUD by ensuring projects meet overall business unit performance for all projects and may act as the BUD’s representative to the COO for project management and financial performance elements for projects within the business unit. Specific performance measures include project profitability, net labor multiplier, and project losses. This role is expected to have strong project management skills with a proven record of successfully managing complex, multi-disciplinary design projects. This role should have strong client management skills as interfacing with the client is expected.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Serve as a member of the Business Unit leadership team.
- Interact with clients in coordination with Project Managers and CSLs.
- Build on existing rapport with current clients, officials, direct reports, and others.
- Hold active role in executing strategic business planning and implementation activities
- Key participant in Business Unit leadership meetings.
- May serve as the Principal in Charge to for a client.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Project Delivery
- Develops Project Management procedures including proposal preparation, fee calculations, contract review, work breakdown structures, and other business process.
- Reviews all scope and fee proposals before they are submitted to the client to ensure appropriate technical application, scope language, and financial metrics for the Business Unit.
- Establishes, publishes, and maintains fee “top down” metrics for guides to PM’s preparing proposals.
- Reviews and approves PM assignments on projects.
- Reviews Project Management Plans in coordination with the PM at the onset of a project.
- Ensures the Project Managers are following the necessary requirements for managing their projects – Project Management Plans, Schedule, Budget Management (Earned Value Calculation, Risk Management, and Change Management.
- Conducts regular Project Management meetings to provide oversight on the portfolio of projects and communicate information.
- Perform project management duties as defined in Senior Project Manager role.
- Financial Management
- Monitors Business Unit performance versus plan and takes proactive steps to achieve plan.
- Key metrics – Labor revenue, project profit, operating profit, multiplier, project losses, accounts receivable, and work in progress.
- Assists in Annual Business Planning process and regular revenue forecasting.
- Staff Management
- Serves as the supervisor to the Project Managers.
- Monitors the performance of PMs.
- Evaluates training needs.
- Develops new PMs
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited program.
- PE Registration
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Water/ Wastewater design and project management
- Attend and participate in PM training programs.
- Excellent project management and technical credibility.
- Champion Project Management excellence.
- Influences senior stakeholders and nurtures key stakeholder relationships within and outside Barge.
- Contributes to and executes strategies to support overall business unit strategy.
- Ability to guide and lead collaborative teams with other design disciplines and effectively lead direct reports.
- Can articulate to project managers in terminology that is easily comprehended in terms of the financial and accounting procedures and metrics being tracked and also provide direction to project managers on how to ensure success on those metrics or otherwise mitigate risks to failures of such.
- Manages a group of employees that can range from medium to large size. This role will have all talent management responsibilities for a group of individuals including, but not limited to hiring, coaching, separation.
- This role also indirectly leads a group of professionals through a project.
- This role mentors other professionals and PM’s.
- Leadership for the overall business unit project management services.
- Leadership and effective application of processes to drive all business unit project’s budget, quality, scope, schedule, and other metrics.
- Development of appropriate PM procedures and tools for the group.
- Embrace and champion our Purpose, Vision, and Values with all employees, teams, and direct reports.
- Walk, sit, and stand. Occasionally reach with hands, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Occasionally climb 25-30 feet. Occasionally lift up to 40 lbs. Visual acuity sufficient to read alpha/ numeric symbols for computation and design.
- Ability to adapt quickly and respond effectively to project issues that arise.
Copyright © 2018, ADP, LLC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer – Jefferson County Commission
Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Work involves applying professional civil engineering techniques in designing, and/or approving construction plans, designs maintenance construction to assure safe and efficient use of all government and residential structures and facilities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a Professional Engineering License from the state of Alabama or from a state that has reciprocity with Alabama.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering or a closely related engineering field (e.g., Structural, Environmental, etc.).
- Must have work experience assessing civil infrastructure and preparing and providing plans or recommendations for rehabilitation or replacement.
- Must have work experience preparing construction cost estimates.
- Must have work experience presenting engineering infrastructure recommendations/findings to a variety of audiences including public officials, third party consultants, etc.
- Must have work experience preparing and reading engineering plans.
- Must have work experience managing civil infrastructure projects.
Salary: $63,835.20 – $99,028.80
To apply: http://www.jobsquest.org
Questions: Call (205) 325-5249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Utility Engineer for Development – City of Auburn
- JOB SUMMARY
- This position is responsible for performing engineering related to development in the City of Auburn, for ensuring that water and wastewater infrastructure is constructed in compliance with all relevant regulations, and for ensuring that all water and wastewater infrastructure is properly mapped in the City’s GIS database.
- MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs and coordinates development reviews. (40%)
- Coordinates review of submitted water, sanitary sewer, and erosion control plans and revisions.
- Coordinates with engineers, developers, and contractors regarding City of Auburn and Water Resource Management design regulations and construction standards.
- Compiles and submits department comments.
- Reviews sewers capacity and fire flow analyses.
- Reviews submittals for developments.
- Uses City of Auburn software (e.g. CityWorks) for reviewing, monitoring, and approving plans as required.
- Reviews and coordinates inspections related to as-builts for completed developments.
- Provides confirmation of preliminary and final acceptance of water and sewer infrastructure.
- Assists with the Utility Asset Mapping Program. (15%)
- Imports, edits, and maintains the GIS database for water and sanitary sewer.
- Assists in coordinating the surveying tasks needed to assist the Utility Asset Mapping Program.
- Coordinates with other department personnel to obtain missing information and new infrastructure data.
- Coordinates the addition of infrastructure for new developments into the GIS database.
- Acts as WRM representative for Development Coordination and Planning Department reviews. (10%)
- Attends meetings with other departments and with developers and engineers regarding future developments.
- Reviews all submitted plans, easement agreements, lot layouts, etc.
- Serves as liaison to the Planning Commission.
- Provides information to developers regarding existing water and sewer infrastructure, water and wastewater design requirements, and erosion and sediment control regulations.
- Serves as WRM representative for COA Development Reviews. (10%)
- Works with other departments to coordinate water, sewer, or watershed related work items.
- Works with other departments in the development of WRM property.
- Prepares cost estimates for projects.
- Assists the WRM Department with water and wastewater infrastructure projects. (10%)
- Performs engineering design calculations and analyses for infrastructure expansion projects.
- Designs and prepares engineering plans and specifications.
- Assists with coordinating project bidding and contracts for WRM projects.
- Uses engineering judgment to determine the most suitable, economical, and appropriate routes for water and wastewater infrastructure expansions.
- Prepares reports and performs analyses of water and wastewater system needs and plans.
- Manages contractor performances; conducts on-site meetings and weekly inspections.
- Performs project management for water and wastewater construction and rehabilitation projects.
- Evaluates field changes for construction and negotiates change orders.
- Documents, reviews, and approves all project communication, payments requests, and inspections.
- Obtains easements and Hold Harmless agreements. (5%)
- Generates easement agreements and documents and Hold Harmless agreements.
- Coordinates with property owners or developers to obtain agreements.
- Submits agreements to City Council or Water Works Board for approval.
- Coordinates the recording of documents.
- Performs related duties. (10%)
- Demonstrates punctual, regular, and reliable attendance.
- Attends meetings, workshops, and training sessions.
- Provides innovative solutions to enhance current processes and procedures and/or resolve workplace issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs and coordinates development reviews. (40%)
- City of Auburn, Alabama
- 130 Tichenor Avenue
- Auburn AL 36830
- (334) 501-7240